Friday, January 29, 2010

Monkeying around - Dabbawalla lunch bag


I have many items in my brain that I want to tell you about, and haven't been very diligent.  I got a link to reusablebags.com that had some new styles of lunch bags.  Then I remembered that I wanted to tell you about #4's new lunch bag that she got for the holidays.  It's by Dabbawalla and my little one picked the  Monkey See Monkey Do style.  There are 6 choices that are so adorable; ladybug, apple, chicken, watermelon and a cow.  http://www.reusablebags.com/store/dabbawalla-c-132.html

There are many things that makes this a great lunch bag for us.  It's neoprene, so insulates well.  The handle is easy for kids and parents to hold.  There is a front and back pouch that can hold many things from papers to snacks.  The style is adorable, it's easy to clean and it holds a lot.  We use a small Klean Kanteen, a sandwich in a Wrap-n-mat and 2 metal containers from Kids Konserve and there's room to spare!

If my drawers and cupboards could speak they'd tell you about the assortment of lunch bags and items that we've collected over the years.  I want function without sacrificing quality or style.  These Dabbawalla bags do the trick.  In the past I've done  Laptop Lunches (not so cute and the lunchbox broke),   Built Munchlers (super cute, but too small), Herobags (great size, and style, but not insualted.  #2 likes this one), and Kids Konserve (we love the metal containers and their customer service, but the bag doesn't hold up well to dirt or washing)

Have you found something you'd like to share?  I'm always looking for more good ideas and products.  Just ask my cupboards and kids :)

I paid $29.95 at reusablebags.com.  Amazon has them for $37.95.