Saturday, December 19, 2009

Charmed, I'm sure - square personalized necklace charm

I have four kids and have done the names on charms thing necklace, just like most everyone else I know.  I had admired many and finally got some of my own.  Of course, once I made that purchase I saw a unique, silver, square, hand-stamped charm on a simple link chain.  You see, with 4 kids, a square is the perfect shape to represent.

I hung my old, four separate named charm necklace with other necklaces from the past and moved on.  I haven't looked back and haven't regretted it either.  There is a slight issue.  The shop that I originally purchased my necklace from, The Vintage Pearl (http://www.thevintagepearl.com/), isn't selling it anymore.  I would think you could special order it from them.  Mine was $55 + shipping.


What I've found, that looks like what I have is from  Bliss Living (http://www.blissliving.com/square-charm-necklace.html) for $115.  The picture is from their website and is not of my necklace.  Don't worry, I haven't changed my kids' names....  Another option is RBH designs on ETSY (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33072834) with a similar, less expensive, option at $33.  It is hung different, on a different chain and comes with a pearl charm attached; but is square and hand-stamped.

One last issue is that sometimes if the necklace gets tugged, the rings attaching the charm pull open enough to separate the chain from the charm.  It's easily remedied, but happens enough to mention here.